Public Speaking
One of Avery's teachers reported today that he asked, during their lunch time, to tell the class a story he made up. He stood on a chair, and told a story about planes and the moon and robots---that was entirely made up! His teacher said he did a fabulous job, adding all sorts of fun details and voices and used his hands to express important points. And he was SO PROUD after doing so!
Last night, during back to school night, we were told that the school begins to encourage public speaking, even at this early age. Such a good skill to work on at age 4, when you are entirely unafraid. It simply makes it a natural thing to do, and takes the scariness away just a little. I am not sure if this is true, but I think this might have been his first public speaking practice!
I wish we had a video. We are so proud of him.
Last night, during back to school night, we were told that the school begins to encourage public speaking, even at this early age. Such a good skill to work on at age 4, when you are entirely unafraid. It simply makes it a natural thing to do, and takes the scariness away just a little. I am not sure if this is true, but I think this might have been his first public speaking practice!
I wish we had a video. We are so proud of him.
Comments