Stolen Phone
Two kids grabbed my phone off a table where I put it down to organize my bag for a second. They ran into the subway with it, never to be seen (by me) again. When I came home to tell Avery, he first asked, "Do you think they took it so that they could give it to their mommy?" Then, he followed with, "You can just get a new phone, mommy."
I realize we've been teaching him that these things happen. Like, popcorn falls on the ground and you can't eat that popcorn anymore. And it's ok, you can replace it. It's a material thing. We'll make new popcorn! It's alright! Don't cry!
So of course this translates into just get a new phone. ... (not going to dwell on all else that is scary about 1) two young kids being bold enough to do that in broad daylight in a busy area at rush hour and 2) whatever is available on that phone that I cannot wipe out---Hello Mobile Me for next time!)
I realize we've been teaching him that these things happen. Like, popcorn falls on the ground and you can't eat that popcorn anymore. And it's ok, you can replace it. It's a material thing. We'll make new popcorn! It's alright! Don't cry!
So of course this translates into just get a new phone. ... (not going to dwell on all else that is scary about 1) two young kids being bold enough to do that in broad daylight in a busy area at rush hour and 2) whatever is available on that phone that I cannot wipe out---Hello Mobile Me for next time!)
Comments