Living in the Present


Before school, 7am

Avery: I don't want to go to school.
Me: Avery, today is a school day. You love school!
Avery: I don't want to go to school.
Me: Here is your day: You go play with your friends at school. You have lunch. Hopie picks you up and you do anything you want. You nap. Maybe we see Sashee and Pop Tom tonight. It will be a great day.
Avery: Sounds good. But I don't like that first part about school.

On the way up the steps to school, 8:15ish

Avery: Mommy, I am not going to cry. I am not going to cry.
Me: Thank you for saying that Avery. That makes me happy.

Avery runs in the classroom to wash his hands, big smile on his face.

Later in the day, 1pm pick up.

Anyone: Time to go Avery!
Avery: I don't want to go. I want to stay at school.

This has been our conversation every morning & every afternoon for the last week.

I decided to look at this positively. Avery doesn't want to leave home in the morning...and then doesn't want to leave school in the afternoon. I see this as "living in the present". Whereever he is and whatever he is doing at the time, that's where he wants to be and what he wants to be doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Galloping and Pumpkin Rides

A New Food Every Three Days...