Getting Out of the House



Avery had a really REALLY hard time this morning. First, he wanted chocolate for breakfast and was trying every argument he knew to get some. Then, there was much resistance and trouble getting out of the house. It's not that he said he didn't want to go to school (like he used to), he just didn't want to get dressed, didn't want to wear a new shirt, didn't want to wear a new pull up, didn't want to leave without a specific truck, was arguing the whole way and took about 30 minutes to find just the right items for his bookbag.

Then he said he didn't like his clothes (which I hope does not come from me!!!) I tried EVERYTHING...and was eventually very frustrated. Then I worry that his morning was stressful because I got so frustrated and made him come upstairs from the basement o' trucks to leave for school..at like 8:50 (school starts at 9am).

BUT then we were on the way to school and he was very calm. He had chosen two trucks, one he said was for hay (and "hay is for horses!") and the other was for food from the farm, like tomatoes.

Of course, mornings like these leave me feeling worried that he started off wrong, adn I am sure he's jumping around in school with Mr. Joe in music class, loving it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Galloping and Pumpkin Rides

A New Food Every Three Days...