Wording
Today Avery was very confused when he woke up. It was darker than usual, and this totally threw him off. He thought it was the middle of the night, and begged to go to "mommy and daddy's bed" because he couldn't sleep.
To calm him, I told him that it actually was morning, and that it was just dark because of the rain. He wanted to SEE the rain, so I held him up to the window, which he wanted me to open. I opened it, and stepped back a little held him up. He asked why I stepped back, and I said i didn't want him to fall out. To that, he asked, very quizzically, "You mean I could fall out of the house?"
To calm him, I told him that it actually was morning, and that it was just dark because of the rain. He wanted to SEE the rain, so I held him up to the window, which he wanted me to open. I opened it, and stepped back a little held him up. He asked why I stepped back, and I said i didn't want him to fall out. To that, he asked, very quizzically, "You mean I could fall out of the house?"
Comments