Ice Cream for Breakfast---oh, how life repeats itself
Avery has taken to pulling Walker out of bed, and convincing him that he needs to share the upstair's bed. So they sleep together, Avery taking up most of the space. I asked Avery why he continued to do this, even though he's "not a baby, he's a big boy." He replied, "I like Daddy's snoring." Ha.
So the fact that he sleeps in a bed means he can get out of the bed on his own. This morning, he took full advantage of this. He plodded down the stairs in the dark at 5:30 in the morning, and opened up the freezer. He found an ice cream sandwich and, being the obedient boy that he *sometimes* is, he brought it all the way back up and asked Walker if he could have it for breakfast.
As I recall, Grandma Anne used to serve Uncle Eric and me waffles and ice cream for breakfast, so this isn't that much different. And you have to give the kid credit for being so independent, especially at that early hour.
Comments