Lovely and Terrific
Avery told me today, "A chocolate for your thoughts, mommy!"
He makes us smile all the time, even when he pushes our (my!) buttons. This morning, for instance, we had a stand off. I didn't give in to THIS request for chocolate stars. He fussed, he screamed, and then he threw and all out tantrum. But I just tried to stay calm. Minutes passed, and he came over to me, quietly, and became very agreeable. He also retold the story---"You said no, and then I screamed. I was wearing one shoe. I was yelling. But you said no. Then, everyone was quiet. Then, I came over and got changed and put on the other shoe. Can I have one chocolate star, please?" And I told him he could, and asked if he knew why. He said, "Because I am listening to mommy and being a good boy."
He really makes us focus on bringing in the year, which has been full of some big stressors, with joy and hope.
We plan to toast this evening with some pot banging, and throwing of confetti made out of ripped up magazine pages, at around 8pm. I hope all our friends and family who read our little Boo Boo blog have a happy and healthy new year, too.
Cheers!
Comments