First Words-Carbohydrates!
I was reading one of Avery's favorite selections with him last night before bed. It is called "First Words" and is a picture dictionary, with large photos and illustrations of various words. He's loved this book since he was very small, when all he could ask was, "What's this?" and, "What's thaaaaat?"
So yesterday, he was pointing out all the words on the food page. There was a line of foods---popcorn, chips, spaghetti and rice. He named them all, and then I told him these were "carbohydrates". We sometimes just throw big words in here and there to see how he reacts.
So Avery responded by pointing to french fries and asking, "Is this a carbohydrate?" I told him it was.
Then, he pointed to the cheese and asked, "Is this a carbohydrate?" And I told him that generally, I think, cheese is pretty low carb (though I have honestly no idea).
So Avery asked, "Is it a protein?"
??????
Comments