Everyone Wears Boots
Avery's been trying to negotiate his way lately. He's making good arguments.
Last night, in the tub, he was using his crayola bath crayons to draw a picture. He decided he wanted to bite off the tips of each and eat them. I told him that he should not eat crayons. He replied, "They are ok to eat, mommy, they are washable."
Today, getting ready for school, he insisted on wearing rainboots. I told him it was not raining, to which he replied, "But there might be puddles!"
Then, I said, "And also, you have yoga today at school. It would be hard to do yoga with rainboots on."
Avery told me, "Everyone wears rainboots to yoga!"
When I dropped him off, I told his teacher that he had revealed the truth---everyone wears boots to yoga. She said that he's really funny in yoga. Apparently, as a part of their routine, the yoga teacher asked everyone to, "Be a Butterfly."
Avery replied, loudly & confidently, "I can't be a butterfly! I don't have wings!"
We visited Popi yesterday in the hospital, and brought Avery in to see him. I figure that if we don't all act scared, it's just another new thing to him. He entered the room reluctantly, and with quite a serious look on his face. After a few seconds, he looked up at everyone and announced, "These two or three tubes are making Popi feel better."
Last night, in the tub, he was using his crayola bath crayons to draw a picture. He decided he wanted to bite off the tips of each and eat them. I told him that he should not eat crayons. He replied, "They are ok to eat, mommy, they are washable."
Today, getting ready for school, he insisted on wearing rainboots. I told him it was not raining, to which he replied, "But there might be puddles!"
Then, I said, "And also, you have yoga today at school. It would be hard to do yoga with rainboots on."
Avery told me, "Everyone wears rainboots to yoga!"
When I dropped him off, I told his teacher that he had revealed the truth---everyone wears boots to yoga. She said that he's really funny in yoga. Apparently, as a part of their routine, the yoga teacher asked everyone to, "Be a Butterfly."
Avery replied, loudly & confidently, "I can't be a butterfly! I don't have wings!"
We visited Popi yesterday in the hospital, and brought Avery in to see him. I figure that if we don't all act scared, it's just another new thing to him. He entered the room reluctantly, and with quite a serious look on his face. After a few seconds, he looked up at everyone and announced, "These two or three tubes are making Popi feel better."
Comments