Octopus Hot Dog on a Bed of Sea Peas
Cooking shows are our new evening activity this week. When I was little, I used to play cooking show by myself...(yes, a little strange.) I used to talk my way through making a dish, acting like I was on camera.
Now, it's so much better! I have an audience! Avery is the best and most participatory audience member (of course, he's the only audience member at this time). He asks what everything is (What's thaaaaat?), what I am doing (What's mommy doing?"), wants to taste everything ("Avery taste that cucumber?"). He wants to help stir, and leans in to see what the mushrooms look like, or how to scramble up some eggs. And he's totally thrilled to eat whatever is the end result,

like Daddy's masterpiece, Octopus Hot Dog on a Bed of Sea Peas (notice Avery's little nose peeking above the plate to see "what's on there!")

Last evening, he even helped make our dinner of spinach, feta and mushroom omelettes. I love how he asks to do things before he does them, and, in this video at least, how well he listens and doesn't eat the raw egg. Yay, Avery!
Now, it's so much better! I have an audience! Avery is the best and most participatory audience member (of course, he's the only audience member at this time). He asks what everything is (What's thaaaaat?), what I am doing (What's mommy doing?"), wants to taste everything ("Avery taste that cucumber?"). He wants to help stir, and leans in to see what the mushrooms look like, or how to scramble up some eggs. And he's totally thrilled to eat whatever is the end result,

like Daddy's masterpiece, Octopus Hot Dog on a Bed of Sea Peas (notice Avery's little nose peeking above the plate to see "what's on there!")

Last evening, he even helped make our dinner of spinach, feta and mushroom omelettes. I love how he asks to do things before he does them, and, in this video at least, how well he listens and doesn't eat the raw egg. Yay, Avery!
Comments