It's Hot Outside! Let's Get in the Sink!






It was so hot tonight that we couldn't even make the walk over the pool to cool off. What to do when you can't even go outside? IDEA! Avery was sitting on the kitchen counter today and started asking if he could put water in various baking dishes. It seemed logical that from there that he should just strip down and get right into the sink. It was a perfect pre-bed activity. Avery bathed in the cool, purified water (well 1/2 was purified, just for fun!) and splashed around using muffin tins and the dish scrubber as his toys.

Also this evening, I was telling Avery that, in a few weeks, he'd be going to school for a few hours a day, a few days a week. I told him that Charlie would be there, and there would be new toys, and Miss Barbara, the teacher who he met a few weeks ago. I said that Walker or I would drop him off and that we'd say goodbye, and we would leave. Then, Hopie or Sashee would pick him up. He thought for a minute and replied, "Seems like good. ... Seems like a good day." That is Avery ONCE AGAIN reinforcing that his going to school will be harder on me than on him. Cute!

Comments

Eric said…
Uncle Eric is SO jealous...that looks like the perfect activity for a 95 degree day. I'm also chuckling about how big the sink would need to be for me to do that...It'd be a Mr. Big sink(obscure 80's SNL reference.)
twinkle-bot said…
Avery is such a clever little guy. And he looks very Dean Martin-ish with that slicked-back hair! (The sink kind of takes away from that, though . . .)

Thanks for stopping by Matilda's blog!

-Megan

Popular posts from this blog

Galloping and Pumpkin Rides

A New Food Every Three Days...