Official Toddler Humor
Avery is a fairly easy laugh. He loves surprises, so will giggle if you look very serious and say something like, "Not funny, nothing is funny over here, not funny...," and then surprise him by shouting, "Funny!" Really, it's too easy.
He loves to make us laugh, too. For example, this morning, he was running in and out of our closet yelling, "Hiiiiyyyyyiiii!" Our closet is actually outside our bedroom, so we just saw this little figure run by the door, totally cracking himself (and us, admittedly) up. We'd hear stomp stomp stomp, and then see him book across the doorway yelling. We were all laughing.
Today, however, his own humor rose to a new level. After a bit of a fuss while shopping for a few new clothes (for him), I had to strap him into his stroller. He settled in nicely, after a little negotiation, and I gave him a few freeze dried strawberries (his new favorite snack is Just Strawberries n' Bananas from Whole Foods). So he's crunching away and all of the sudden, I hear him laughing. I look over, and he had a berry hanging out of his nose and said, "Berry Booga!" (berry booger, for those who don't speak toddler). He was hysterical, making himself laugh, with a berry hanging out of his nose.
So toddler humour, right?
Of course, I didn't have my camera at the time. And, of course, maybe we shouldn't have taught him the word "booger".
He loves to make us laugh, too. For example, this morning, he was running in and out of our closet yelling, "Hiiiiyyyyyiiii!" Our closet is actually outside our bedroom, so we just saw this little figure run by the door, totally cracking himself (and us, admittedly) up. We'd hear stomp stomp stomp, and then see him book across the doorway yelling. We were all laughing.
Today, however, his own humor rose to a new level. After a bit of a fuss while shopping for a few new clothes (for him), I had to strap him into his stroller. He settled in nicely, after a little negotiation, and I gave him a few freeze dried strawberries (his new favorite snack is Just Strawberries n' Bananas from Whole Foods). So he's crunching away and all of the sudden, I hear him laughing. I look over, and he had a berry hanging out of his nose and said, "Berry Booga!" (berry booger, for those who don't speak toddler). He was hysterical, making himself laugh, with a berry hanging out of his nose.
So toddler humour, right?
Of course, I didn't have my camera at the time. And, of course, maybe we shouldn't have taught him the word "booger".
Comments