Story Telling...


Avery pantomimed a whole, full, request tonight.
We were reading his favorite book, "My First Word Book". The book has pages full of photographs, with corresponding words for things like "pets" and "things that move". Avery LOVES this book, and will sit for long periods of time just pointing out pictures, and I provide the word.
Tonight, we got to the page on "food", and he pointed out the spaghetti. He looked at me and made a slurping sound. Then, he started nodding his head ferociously. He slurped again. He nodded. Slurped. Nodded nodded nodded. This went on. Then, he started making a sort of "hhhhhmmmmmm" pleading sound and pointing at the door. He was clearly trying to tell me something. I tried to decipher and said, "Avery, you can't have spaghetti, it's bedtime." He slurped, and nodded and said, "Yes." (slurp) "Car-a." (nod) "Daddy."
I really think he was trying to tell me he wanted to get in the car(a) with daddy and go get himself some spaghetti with meatballs.
Comments