Beem!

Soooo, Avery has this addiction to diaper cream. When we change him, he always wants to suck on the diaper cream tube, and always calls it "Beem!" Usually, he doesn't actually get cream into his mouth, so it's ok. I thought it was a little unusual, sort of like baby pica (that strange thing that pregnant women get when they crave dirt or ice), but nothing to worry about.
Then, Avery was having lunch today and eating cream cheese. He starting saying, "Beem! Beem!" And hey, that's what he uses to describe diaper cream. And hey, you know what? I realized that he probably thinks that diaper cream and cream cheese are the same, which is not entirely random or arbitrary. They are both white. They are both creamy. They are both in his little world. What I find sort of humorous is that this means we were putting cream cheese on his diaper area this whole time. I mean, what does he know?
It's funny the true connections you begin to see in the world when they are pointed out simply by a 1 year old.
Comments