Seesawing at the park in the 'hood




This afternoon Avery and I went to the park that no one in the neighborhood goes to. There are, seriously, 20 kids in throwing distance (a ball, not the kids) from our house and no one uses the neighborhood playground, which is only a block and a half away. Though Avery isn't really old enough to enjoy the equipment there, we do like swinging and leaning on things.

We tried the seesaw, although with a new wrinkle of trying to snap a camera phone picture of the event - Avery didn't seem to happy with the seesawing, but he'll come around.

You'll also notice that Avery was trying really hard to get the piece of bread (?) on the inside of the fence, to no avail. Fortunately, there were cheese pizza chunks on the outside of the fence that Avery sampled just after these shots. Mmmm. Thanks, random park pizza eaters!!

Earlier Avery finally decided that the acorn shell he'd popped in his mouth was not actually edible, although he defended it with clenched jaw like it was the final morsel of food he'd ever get. I couldn't believe he was so tough about it. I hope he never eats anything that we really have to wrestle out of his mouth 'cause it would be tough. I was a little afraid for my fingers, too. Reason was not the tool I had hoped it would be, so in the end, Avery just decided that the shell wasn't worth holding onto any longer - although maybe it was the pizza and he decided to trade up.

Avery's mom is away today and tomorrow in Chicago, so Avery and me are flying sort of solo, together. (?). It's quiet around here without her and Avery's in bed now so I am up watching a movie and trying to avoid disaster fantasies involving fire, intruders and fast advancing disease. Maybe I'll go check on him when I finish here...

Comments

Lemon Gloria said…
Hilarious about the acorn. It sounds like you're doing a great job!

Popular posts from this blog

Galloping and Pumpkin Rides

A New Food Every Three Days...